Idealism is what precedes experience; cynicism is what follows...

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Remembering the pre-AJAX days ?

Back in the early days of AJAX development, before the name was even cornered around 2004... there were many ways to obtain the AJAX-like effects of todays omnipresent XMLHTTP implementations.

One I found particularly nice was the "Webservice.htc" HTML-component which mimicked todays Webservice-proxies.

One of the guys on my team asked me a question leading me to look it up, and to me great amusement it was still available for download right there on Microsoft's website.

Check it out in case you never had the chance to work with it, and if you have worked with it... pay it a visit and remember the "fun" times we had doing AJAX-like effects before it even had a name.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms531034(VS.85).aspx

No comments:

Blog Archive

My Network